It’s my birthday today! I took the day off of work and have some fun plans for the day!
I’m 52 and when I look at my life today, I feel so incredibly blessed. So here is a list of things that I’m grateful for:
- My husband, who I’ve been married to for 29 years.
- My oldest daughter.
- My youngest daughter.
- My daughters’ significant others. I love them as sons.
- My grandson.
- My fur grandbabies.
- Our beagle, Jasper, who has been in our lives for 11 years.
- Our black lab mix, Kali, who has only been in our lives since January, but has brought us so much joy.
- My dad, my rock.
- My family circle – it’s very small, but mighty.
- My friends, who have been with me through good times and bad.
- My job.
- My co-workers, who have become my work family.
- My good health.
- Kayla is still cancer-free.
- My (mostly) healthy diet.
- My love of exercising.
- Fresh fruits.
- Fresh veggies.
- All of the time I get to spend with my family.
- All of the time I get to spend with friends.
- Biking adventures.
- Hiking adventures.
- Strong, hot coffee in the mornings.
- Fresh air and warm sun.
- Trips to wineries (I’m taking one today)
- Fireside Winery, my favorite winery to visit.
- Dreaming Tree Wines, my favorite wines to drink.
- Music, all kinds.
- Audio books, which make my commutes less boring.
- Dancing like no one is watching, even when people are watching.
- The birthday wishes I get from all of my Facebook friends.
- Our backyard, our oasis.
- A bottle of wine that’s shared with someone you love.
I feel like there are so many more things and that I could come up with a list of 52, but man, it’s harder than I thought! But I love my life and it feels as though each year of my life gets better. Is my life perfect? Hell no, but the older I get, the more I learn to appreciate all of the good things, even if something not so good has taken the stage. As corny as it sounds, life really is a gift and we should cherish and treasure it. It should be lived as fully as possible.
Okay, I’m off to start my birthday celebration!
May your glass always be full,