It’s my birthday today and I turn 48! I put together a wish list of things I’d like to happen in the next year. These things are not in any sort of order according to my degree of want or desire. It’s difficult enough coming up with 48 things, but impossible to put them in any sort of order! Ha! So here goes:
1. I want to be able to complete a half-marathon this fall.
2. Then I want to get a tattoo to commemorate the completion of my first half-marathon.
3. I want to complete my first marathon in the next year.
4. I want a tattoo to commemorate the completion of my first marathon.
5. I want to dance more.
6. I want my oldest daughter to conquer her battle with anxiety and be happy and healthy and have an awesome year of college.
7. I want my youngest daughter to have a successful first year of college.
8. I want to continue to learn and grow at my current job.
9. I want more desserts in my diet.
10. I want to visit old friends that I haven’t seen in a long time.
11. I want to meet new friends who I only know from Facebook.
12. I want to go to the Grand Canyon and hike and explore.
13. I want to do RAGBRAI (an annual 7-day bike race across Iowa) with my husband.
14. I want to make meditation a part of my daily routine.
15. I want to do more kind and generous things for others.
16. I want to read more, watch less TV.
17. I want some crayons and coloring books so that I can color.
18. I want to take our dogs on more walks.
19. I want more followers of my blog. (Currently I have 62)
20. I want to be able to do push-ups. Real push-ups. Not on my knees or wall push-ups. Genuine, legit push-ups. And look good doing it. Even if it’s just one.
21. I want to be more tolerant and forgiving.
22. I want to be better at embracing and accepting those who have different views than me.
23. I want to worry less.
24. I want to divide the household chores up to do during the week so that I have the entire weekend to just play and relax.
25. I want to create more of my own vegan recipes.
26. I want to be more assertive at asking for vegan meals at non-vegan restaurants.
27. I want to do more to help animals.
28. I want to leave a smaller carbon footprint on the planet.
29. I want to make my wardrobe more fun and colorful.
30. I want to improve my photography skills so that the pictures on my blog look more professional.
31. I want to learn how to swim. (Disclaimer: I say this every year)
32. I want to visit Portland, Oregon because a friend of mine just told me I’d love its hip, vegan, tattooed vibe.
33. I want to be brave.
34. I want to be a better listener.
35. I want all of my family and friends to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
36. I want to be more thoughtful.
37. I want to spend less money.
38. I would like more movies and/or TV shows starring David Tennant….
39. Or Benedict Cumberbatch…..
40. Or Tom Hiddleston…….
41. Or Robert Downey, Jr…….
42. Or Hugh Jackman
43. Or Christian Bale
44. Or a movie with all of them! Like an Avengers-Meets-Batman-Meets-X-Men-Meets-Sherlock-Meets-Doctor Who kind of movie? YES PLEASE!
45. I want to send daily inspirational messages to my friend, Julie, because she wants to get healthy and in shape and I will be her biggest cheerleader – GO JULIE!
46. I want our vehicles to keep running for another year because they’re paid for and I really, really like NOT having car payments right now.
47. I want to have more breakfast-for-dinner meals because O..M…G so good!
48. I want to continue to be grateful for the blessings that I have. May my cup continue to run over.
If I get even a small portion of these things during the next year, I will truly feel joyful and blessed! 🙂